Denise
This afternoon we have Younger Boy's student led parent teacher conferences.

We sat down at home to talk about them before going since last time I was COMPLETELY BLINDSIDED by what the teachers had to say.

I asked Younger Boy to think about anything they might say.  He originally said "I don't know".  That's his cop out answer when he knows you won't like the real answer.

I asked him to write down one thing he thought each teacher might say about him.

He CRIED.  He said he teachers are going to tell me he isn't trying and he isn't doing any work in class.

I asked why he thought they might tell me that.  He said it is because in class he spends the time doing the work "in his head" instead of on the paper and so it probably looks like he isn't doing anything because he doesn't use paper.

Honestly I had to fight back laughter. 

I asked him what he thought they might want trying to look like.  He said actually writing things on the paper.  Hmmm...probably a good start.

EGAD...this should be interesting.
0 Responses

Post a Comment