Denise
While we were at Walmart tonight Younger Boy and I bought a dozen doughnuts.  If we were splitting them up it would be four for each of us.  That is what would happen in a perfectly equal harmonious world.

Because the back of our vehicle is FILLED with things for the move the doughnuts needed to be in the back seat with Younger Boy. 

It is a 30 minute drive home from therapy plus we had to run one other quick errand.

Middle Boy and I were talking and Younger Boy asked if he could have a doughnut.  Sure....he had eaten dinner.

By the time Middle Boy looked back and asked to be handed a doughnut Younger Boy had eaten SEVEN doughnuts.

What on earth!!

I told him he was done with doughnuts.  He was done with sugar for the night.  This is when I got the "no one told him to only have one doughnut" and "no one told him doughnuts have lots of sugar". 

In the past he has struggled with food hoarding and hiding.  As best I can tell (no ants, no crazy things stuck to clothes from sleeping on them) he isn't hiding food anymore. 

There are strategies for food hoarding that sometimes become necessary with foster kiddos.  I REALLY don't want to do them.

I am hoping once we get through the adoption this will just fix itself, but it is getting a lot worse.

Pray for resolution of food issues and that they are just temporary.
0 Responses

Post a Comment