Denise
Today Middle Boy went to the wresting informational meeting, because he was planning to go out for wresting.

When I picked him up he informed me he is NOT going out for wrestling.  When I asked why he said it is "bogus".

I asked for further definition.  He doesn't want to wear the outfit.  Really?  That is your reason.

What it really boiled down to was that he wanted to participate in meets and go to practice, but he has no interest in all of the work required before the season starts.  Not interested in the weight lifting and the conditioning.  Too much work.

I explained to him that while it seemed like a lot it was going to be the case with EVERY high school sport.  Football camp over the summer...same thing.  Basketball camp over the summer...same thing.

He said he just isn't going to do anything then.  Nope...not an option.  I tried to explain the importance of extracurricular activities, but it was falling on deaf ears.

He loves to play chess...now he is considering chess club.

Prayers for a focus and a hobby he enjoys.
0 Responses

Post a Comment