Denise
We got our first behavioral ramification of the timeline tonight.  Lucky us!!

Since the boys have block scheduling we finally knew what we were missing in terms of school supplies for the individual classes.  So we set off to Walmart.

The trip was going fairly well.  The boys are usually given a list and a cart and they stay together and I take a list and a cart. 

Tonight we were kind of all together for the trip.  We were in the electronics section, because they both needed drives for their computer classes to be able to bring files home. 

It was right by the books and both needed books to read during bell work time.  Younger Boy went to books, but immediately started calling and texting Middle Boy.  We went over to books and no Younger Boy. 

After the whole Code Adam thing a few months ago he typically doesn't stray far from where he is supposed to be so I knew he would be right back.

Middle Boy looked for his book and still no Younger Boy.

The next thing I know Younger Boy is coming toward us SCREAMING "What did you want me to do?  Pee my pants?"  What are you talking about?  No one said anything to you.  Again...SCREAMING..."I didn't hear you say to stay here.  Did you want me to pee my pants?"  Again...nothing was said to him.

I don't know if he was beating himself up in his mind preparing for a fight that didn't exist or what. 

When he finally got calmed down we talked about what was going on.  I told him it is perfectly OK to need to use the restroom.  He didn't even need to tell me as long as he came right back.  I know he wasn't believing me.

Things like this are SO FRUSTRATING.  I want to help him, but we are just going to have to keep doing what we are doing until he learns he can trust me.

Prayers for continued trust building.  I know it is possible that it may not ever happen.  My "smart brain" is okay with that.  My "tricky brain" still wrestles with it.
0 Responses

Post a Comment