Denise
Both boys are pretty energized about school. 

Because of our home situation I picked up Younger Boy today.  He was pretty excited about his day.  He showed me how he took notes in his agenda during every class.  He gave me the papers he needed me to sign.

When I asked if he had homework he said no.  Then he thought about it and he said "Yes, one paper that I don't understand."  I am SO PROUD of him for telling me.  I told him we would work on it as soon as I get home from work.  Last year he would have either thrown away or torn up the paper or not brought it home, because it was confusing and he didn't want to deal with it.  We are making progress.  I get that it is the first day, but small victories!!

Middle Boy called and was pretty excited about his classes.  He did say the entire day was power point presentations on what he needed for every class.  He is really excited about AutoCad.  He is also super excited about US History.  He talked about what he needs to do to get As in every class.  In comparison to last year when we ended with Fs that is a BIG DEAL.

Middle Boy even made an effort to talk to the two teachers of the classes he is going to miss tomorrow due to court.  He was able to connect with one and not the other.  He asked me to send an email to the one he missed to see when they could meet.  What happened to the Middle Boy who lived here last school year?  I don't know this kid!!

Praises for a good first day of school.
0 Responses

Post a Comment