Denise
Tonight was everyone's first night of youth group.

Younger Boy is in the middle school youth group.  He has the same leader as last year who also happens to be his mentor.  The boys in the group are the same boys as last year.  He feels like he belongs and is quite happy to be a part of it.

Middle Boy is in the high school youth group for the first year.  He doesn't know his leaders or most of the kids in his group.  I really want Middle Boy to be successful in youth group this year.  I think it is important for him to make friends at church since we spend a lot of time there.

The whole teaching time at the high school group was about making the most of your youth group experience.  It was about how while it is fine to come to the group to make friends if that is all you are doing you are really missing the boat.  It should be about building your relationship with Christ.  It is about community and not rivalries between high schools.

Middle Boy LOVED it.  He LOVED his leaders.  He has some friends from the brief time he went last year.  They are in a different group, but he was talking and laughing with them.  I am so thrilled with this!!

I loved my time there, too.  I am the leader of a high school girls group.  I think we are assigned 12 girls, but only five were there tonight.  I love these five girls.  Four of them have been in my group since they were freshman and they are juniors now.  The other is new to the group, but is a friend of all of the girls in the group and has been going for the last two years.  It is going to be an amazing year.  I love the hearts of these girls.  I can't wait to spend Wednesday nights with them and to grow them.

I am so thankful for our church community.  Thankful our entire family feels like we belong.  Blessed to be a part of this community.

0 Responses

Post a Comment