Denise
Today I had my therapy.  I love having this time to just talk about what is going on with us.  Since I write this blog most of my friends and family KNOW what is going on, but no one really talks to me about it.

We talked about the behaviors the boys have been having over the past week or so.  Behaviors which are unexpected and some of which I don't understand what is going on.

We talked about the stages of emotional attachment of kiddos with RAD.  We talked about how to attach they have to go clear back to the infant stages and move through each stage of attachment to get to their chronological age.  Sometimes they will go through the stages quite quickly if they are older.

Through our discussions she was able to point out to me that my boys are healing.  She gave me examples of how just a few weeks ago what I was talking about were infant attachment in Middle Boy and now his attachment behaviors more resemble a five or six year old with the "watch me, play with me, hold my hand" stages.

She also gave examples of how Younger Boy was also in the infant stages a couple of weeks ago and is now a toddler emotionally.  He wants all the attention and doesn't want anyone else to be around me.  She said this is what clinging to your leg walking around the house probably looks like in a twelve year old.

We talked about my feelings about saying no to the new placement.

We talked about my feelings about the move and all of the things surrounding the move.

It was a good session and I am so very thankful to have her!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment