Denise
Younger Boy is still ALL IN for having another foster brother.

After I dropped off Younger Boy I asked Middle Boy if he had thought more about it.  I knew full well he had.

He said I think it is a bad idea.  I asked him to give me his specific concerns.  He gave me some vague answer that made no sense.

I said "look at me.  You are a part of this family.  You have a voice.  If I didn't care about your opinion I wouldn't ask you and I would just do what I wanted to.  Now, what are your concerns?"

He still mumbled something about it being a bad idea.  I asked him what was preventing him from telling me what he though.  He said he didn't trust that I cared about his opinion.

I immediately told him I was proud of him for recognizing that and for having the courage to tell me. 

He went on to tell me he feels our life is stressful right now with everything going on...the move, the adoptions, just starting school.  I validated that those were my exact concerns as well.  I also told him my biggest concern was how it would affect he and Younger Boy.

I think we made BIG STRIDES in our relationship this morning and I am so very grateful for it.
0 Responses

Post a Comment