Denise
Younger Boy got a mouthpiece today for football with instructions for molding it to his mouth.

I told him we could do it just as soon as he was done with his homework and I went in my room to change clothes.

In that time Younger Boy decided to take care of his mouthpiece himself.  He was supposed to boil water, dip it in the hot water for 30 seconds and then quickly dip it in cold water and put it in his mouth to mold.

He put it in the microwave with the water.  When I got out of my room he was banging his head on the counter top, because he had melted his mouthpiece partially to the bowl and partially to the microwave.

He was screaming about how it was my fault for not helping him.  He was screaming about how he was an idiot.  He was screaming about how now he wouldn't be able to play football this year or ever.

I had him take a timeout to cool down.  He wanted to go to his room.  While in there he decided to call his friend.  Not a timeout.

He had to sit on the couch quietly to cool down.  The entire time muttering under his breath about how his life sucks and he is stupid.

When he finally cooled down he apologized for melting down and for blaming me for something I had nothing to do with.

Prayers he can easily get a new mouthpiece tomorrow and that he will let someone help him with it.
0 Responses

Post a Comment