Denise
Tonight we had a family meeting regarding taking the temporary foster child into our home.

I expected to be met with IMMEDIATE rejection and resistance.  Maybe I was kind of hoping for it.

Because it is their home, too, I was honest about the story of the kiddo.  I told them what his behaviors were and why he needed a home for a little while.

Younger Boy was ALL IN.  As far as he was concerned this kiddo could move in yet tonight. 

Middle Boy was more introspective.  I could tell he was really going back and forth in his mind.  I expected him to be an immediate "no way".

I asked the boys to think about it and pray about it.  I told them they are part of this family and their vote and opinions matter.  I explained sometimes it would be necessary for me to overrule their vote, but they deserve to be heard.

Prayers for wisdom for the boys and for me going forward.

0 Responses

Post a Comment