Denise
By the time I got home from work Younger Boy had completed his timeline for math...or as he calls it mathematics.  Middle Boy and I told him it is the same thing.  He insists it is not.

The assignment was to select three things that happened in your family before you were born and ten things after.  Each of the things are to be shown on an axis timeline (to be completed later) with illustrations for each (to be completed later).  Today the only thing needing to be done was to pick your 13 things.  You also had to include the age you were when they happened.

I'm okay with what he put on the sheet.  I'm going to send an accompanying email to the teacher and guidance counselor.

Here's what he had...

Older Sister Born - 5 years before me
Older Brother Born - 3 years before me
Other Older Brother Born - 1 year before me
Younger Sister Born - 2 years old
Got a 10" scar on my head - 3 years old
Moved into foster care - 3 years old
Moved in with Grandpa and Grandma - 3 years old
Moved to a foster home - 4 years old
Moved to a foster home - 5 years old
Moved to an abusive foster home - 7 years old
Moved to a foster home - 8 years old
Moved to an abusive foster home - 9 years old
Moved to home I live in now - 10 years old

We talked about what he could draw for each of the things.

I am certain this is not the kind of timeline the teacher is expecting.  He is not being a jerk about the timeline.  This is what he wants to share.  In some ways it might be all he wants to remember.

We will get through the assignment, but it won't be without behavioral ramifications.

Prayers for a good nights sleep after having to create this timeline.
0 Responses

Post a Comment