Denise
I picked up Middle Boy from high school today.  (Thankful J will be back next week for transportation duties!!)

When he got in the car I asked how his day was and he said fine. 

Sorry...not going to cut it.

I asked specific questions about each class which could not be answered with a mere one word answer.  By the end of the conversation he was openly discussing school with me WITHOUT me asking questions.

Dare I say he likes high school?

He made the comment that he prefers the core class day to the elective day.  My impression is he knows more of what to expect in the core classes and electives are more of an unknown.  He is really uncomfortable in situations where he doesn't clearly know what is going to happen.

Praises for open communication with Middle Boy.  Praises he is enjoying school right now.
0 Responses

Post a Comment