Denise
Now I have to start by saying I have never been a middle school coach or really any kind of coach that I can remember, but if I were a coach and I wanted my team to be competitive I suspect I would select the positions the kids played.  Maybe assign them to the ones they were good at or seemed to fit the mold of.

So tonight when I picked up Younger Boy from practice I asked him which team he made, A, B, or C.  He still doesn't know.  I still wonder if HE doesn't know, but everyone else does or if it truly hasn't been announced yet.

I asked him when their first game is.  I think I have determined the thing next Wednesday is a scrimmage.  They aren't supposed to dress out for practice on Tuesday.  That leads me to believe there is some sort of a competition the next day.  Pretty good detective work, right?

So I asked Younger Boy which position he was going to be playing.  For those of you who have met Younger Boy...any guesses?  WRONG...Younger Boy is on the offensive line.  Yes...you read that correctly.  He volunteered/chose to be on the offensive line.  Never mind the fact that he weighs less than ninety pounds and has to grow at least four more inches to hit five foot.  He's a lineman.

The thing that happened next was interesting.  He said "Mom, what does an offensive lineman do?"  Oh my...I explained it to him.  He thinks it is the position for him...protecting someone.

So...maybe the seven doughnuts on Thursday night were part of his bulking up plan to become an offensive lineman...who knows?
0 Responses

Post a Comment