Denise
One of Middle Boy's behavior triggers is having anything on his shoes or his clothes. 

This trigger causes him to become enraged.  Truly enraged. 

Today Younger Boy accidentally left the door to their room open and Sophie unlaced Middle Boy's shoes. 

He was over the top angry.  He was screaming at Younger Boy for leaving the door open.  He was screaming at me, because I "didn't care" that his shoes were RUINED.  He was mad at everyone, because Sophie needs to be trained and NO ONE is doing it.

It took him about twenty minutes to calm down.  During that time he went around the house slamming doors and glaring at everyone and screaming at Sophie to get out of his way.

Afterward he felt guilty.  He came to me and told me he was sorry.  He just doesn't know why he gets so mad.  (I do, but he doesn't want to hear it.)

Once he apologized he wanted me to sit by him and read to him. 

He followed the steps of reactive attachment trauma behavior to a tee.

I am thankful I can now see it for what it is.  It doesn't make it any less disruptive or stressful necessarily, but at least I have a basic understanding that he really can't help it.  I just need to learn to not escalate it.

Prayers for attachment and therapy which will help this PTSD behavior.  Praises for the wisdom to understand what is going on with him.
0 Responses

Post a Comment