Denise
I was bracing myself for nothing.  It makes me sad.

Middle Boy should have gotten his electronic monitor off today, but he didn't.  I was the one who told him.

He flat out told me he knew it wouldn't happen so he wasn't even hoping it would.

That breaks my heart.

Middle Boy is so beaten down that even when he KNOWS something is supposed to happen he expects it not to.  He expects things to go horribly wrong.

I told him his team was working really hard to make it happen by the end of the day on Friday.  He said it just didn't matter anymore, because he isn't worth it and he is just a bad kid anyway. 

He made a bad choice.  He isn't a bad kid.

I also told him the adoption was going to be exactly one month from today.  His look said everything.  It was clearly a "I'll believe it when I see it" look. 

Middle Boy...unless one of us dies between now and then THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

I love this kid.  I hate that he no longer hopes for things.

Please pray for hope.  God will give him hope and a future...Middle Boy just needs to trust in Him.
0 Responses

Post a Comment