Denise
Middle Boy and I talked about therapy homework on the way to school this morning.

One assignment per day.  That is what Therapist L told him is a minimum.  He keeps saying he is trying.

I told him this morning his plan doesn't seem to be working. 

He has one week SEVEN DAYS, SEVEN ASSIGNMENTS to turn it around OR we will use my plan.

I told him my plan is this...he will finish his school homework and then his therapy homework.  He will sit at the dining room table working on it and won't get up except to use the restroom off the dining room.  I will have possession of his iPod and cell phone until it is done.  This will happen nightly.

I asked if he thought it was fair.  He does.

He then asked how long he has been in therapy.  Nine months.  It is a four to six month program.  He isn't half done.  I told him he wasn't even half done.  He said "yes...I am in step two."  That is correct you are in step two, but you will not be half done UNTIL you are completed with step two since there are four steps.

At the rate he is going he will be done some time NEXT fall.  He is aware he is not getting his actual drivers license until it is complete.  He is eligible to get it in June.

Prayers he will turn it around.
0 Responses

Post a Comment