Denise
Middle Boy and I had a heart to heart tonight.

Life isn't about only having fun.  EVERYONE in life has responsibilities to meet and with that comes privileges.  You aren't entitled to fun.

He tells me about people he knows casually who he thinks are "never stressed".  He sees them a couple of hours a week.  Not when they are paying bills and running errands and taking care of their responsibilities.  That is what he is comparing himself to.

I told him he is setting the bar too low for himself.  He countered with the fact that people have lowered his bar for him by telling him he is stupid and will never be anything.  I asked if he had ever heard me say that.  He said yes.  I asked him to explain.  What he hears in his head and what I actually say are so very different.  I said if you don't understand your homework, I will help you.  He heard...I think you are too stupid to do your homework.  I said accept responsibility for your actions.  He heard...You are irresponsible and will never be anyone.

I HATE his low self esteem.  Even more than that I HATE his fake ego to try to cover it up.

I want him to understand...TRULY TAKE TO HEART...his worth...in the eyes of the world and in the eyes of God.
0 Responses

Post a Comment