Denise
A couple who I went to high school with adopted their son at age 5.  I don't know the back story.  I'm not sure if he was from an orphanage or out of foster care.

He had recently been moved to a group home out of town for some behavioral issues.  I did a little bit of research on the home.  It is for boys who have emotional and behavioral issues.  They specialize in family therapy.  I can clearly see us in a place like this.  We have been in places like this.

On Halloween their 17 year-old son hung himself from some playground equipment at the group home.  He ended his life.

Any time a child feels like life isn't worth it anymore it breaks my heart, but honestly...this hits a little too close to home for me. 

My boys are both still very broken from their YEARS of abuse, both emotionally and physically.  They are healing, but there are still MANY times when it is evident that they have very little self worth.

God can heal all of these boys.  God can also heal these grieving parents.  I pray He will hold each of them in the palm of his hands and they can feel his loving arms around them.
0 Responses

Post a Comment