Denise
Middle Boy has continued detention.

In a way it was the outcome I had expected.  I am VERY SAD though.

I am also frustrated.  It is difficult to sit through a case where Attorney had not met with Middle Boy, Service Coordinator, Therapist A, Detectives, or read the police report.  Judge T scolded him for coming to the hearing unprepared.  Now I am back to wondering about the attorney and whether I should hire one.

Judge T ordered two psychiatric evaluations to make sure Middle Boy is not a safety threat.  Timeframe is likely six weeks to two months to have those completed.  We are lucky in the aspect that they usually don't order those until adjudication, but this will move the process faster.  It could have been that those were ordered at the disposition hearing which comes four to six weeks after the arraignment which is at the end of December.  Realistically speaking I think we are looking at something like a March release...just guessing though.

So...here's my job.  Keep Middle Boy's spirits up.  He has to prove he isn't a danger to himself or others.  He can't be on suicide watch.  He can't get it fights.  He need to do the right thing.  It is REALLY HARD to be an encourager for him right now.  REALLY HARD.  Not because he isn't worth it...he is, but because I am pretty discouraged.

I know that this is God's plan.  I may NEVER understand this.  The outcome Middle Boy and I want may NEVER happen.  For now I have to do what I KNOW I am called to do.  Love Middle Boy with all of my heart and be an example of unconditional love and support for him.  I am also going to be an advocate like he has never had before.  All of that is easy.  I do love him with all my heart.
1 Response
  1. fleur0112 Says:

    Denise, the changes you make in these boys' lives is simply stunning. I'm often speechless when I read your blog and see the beauty and love you bring to their lives, and how you are just exactly what they need.

    Jennifer


Post a Comment