Denise
Middle Boy asked a girl to homecoming.  He doesn't get how homecoming works.

Over the last few days I have been asking him a lot of questions...all of which he doesn't know the answer to.  Homecoming here is semi-formal.

Honestly I don't want his date to be disappointed, because he is choosing not to listen since I lived "back in the day".

I asked for the girl's phone number so I could text her and get the answers.  Her mom had already asked for my phone number, because we need to coordinate rides.

He reluctantly gave me the number.

She and I texted back and forth.  I found out the color of her dress.  She sent me a picture, but made me promise not to show him.  I told her I thought it looked beautiful.

She thanked me for texting her and said it was good to get to "talk" to me.

Middle Boy is convinced I am trying to become friends with her.  I teasingly told him since he told me this relationship was going to last FOREVER that I felt I needed to befriend my future daughter-in-law and that we were working on planning the wedding and that I had asked for 18 grandkids.

He was MORTIFIED, but also laughed.  Not sure if he thinks I am joking or not.

It was nice to know she seems like a nice girl.  I am looking forward to meeting her in person.

0 Responses

Post a Comment