Denise
Tonight was the open house at Younger Boy's school.  It was an opportunity to get to meet all of his teachers and chat with them.

All of his teachers said he is doing well in class, but he seems to be shy.  I don't know that I would ever describe him like that, but in a school setting he would definitely come across as unsure of himself.

His language arts teacher shared with me an assignment he had done.  They were working on capitalization.  This was the assignment:

Write two paragraphs about the Pacific Ocean and countries surrounding it.

Younger Boy wrote a five paragraph story about one of the past abuse traumas in his life.

Since he did all of the capitalization correctly in his story the teacher gave him some grace and gave him a B+ with the note to "stay on topic".

I asked Younger Boy about it and he told me he didn't know why he did that.  I tried to explain that it is important to only tell those stories to people you trust and to follow directions at school.

It was another example of the skewed boundaries and trust I live with every day.

It made me sad.

Prayers for Younger Boy and his school year.
0 Responses

Post a Comment