Denise
As I write this I am in tears.  I have reached my breaking point.

At 8:30am this morning I got a call from the school nurse that Older Boy told her he had thrown up and that a janitor had to clean it up.  According to the nurse this did not happen, but he was insistent about talking to me.  I told him he would need to stay at school for another hour and if it happened again I would come and get him.  Since we go through this every week I knew the likelihood of this was very low.

At 1:30pm I got a call from Older Boy's principal telling me he had spent over half of the day in the office.  Once for threatening a teacher.  Once for leaving a class unexcused.  Once for yelling profanity during class at another student and once for general disruptiveness.  She said he told her I "refused" to let him take his meds this morning.  I watched him take them.  She said she knew it was an excuse so he couldn't be held accountable for his behaviors.

At 2:00pm I got a call from Older Boy telling me that the teacher who had given him academic detention told him he didn't have to go.  Since the email from her yesterday said "indefinitely" I knew there was no way this was possible.  I told him he would have to stay there for detention unless I heard from his teacher directly.  He told me she had to leave early so this wasn't possible.  I explained that he MUST stay at school for the detention.

At 2:50pm I got a call from the principal telling me that they were unable to locate him for his detention.

Immediately when I hung up I got a call from his daycare that he had ridden the bus there.

I called the school back and told them he was at daycare.

At 3:15pm I got a call from daycare that he had punched a peer.

He is out of control today.  I can't take him to youth group like this and I do NOT have the energy to take him on right now.

Pray he is able to pull it together tonight and that we don't end up at the psychiatric emergency room.
0 Responses

Post a Comment