Denise
Middle Boy has been sleeping in a sleeping bag all over the house.  Sometimes in the hallway.  Sometimes on the floor of their room.  Sometimes in the living room.  Sometimes on the floor in my room.  Sometimes in the basement.

Whenever I asked him about it he told me he preferred sleeping on the floor.  "It is just more comfortable."

Tonight before he went to bed he said "tomorrow night I can get a good night's sleep".  I asked what he meant.  He said that he didn't want to hurt my feelings before, but that he has been afraid to sleep in the same room as Older Boy.  He said he has been moving around, because that way Older Boy couldn't find him in the middle of the night without turning on all of the lights and waking everyone up.

This breaks my heart.  I'm sure there is MUCH MORE behind this from his past.  I wish I would have known.

Prayers for a peaceful night of rest for Middle Boy...in his own room...in his own bed.
0 Responses

Post a Comment