Denise
Tonight Middle Boy wanted to discuss what time we would be leaving for school.  With him you cannot give an exact time, because if you are ONE MINUTE late he will be pacing around the house like a caged lion.

I gave him a window on 6:45AM to 7:00AM for us to leave.  He wanted to know what time that would get him to school.  I told him he would be there NO LATER than 7:20AM UNLESS there was a huge back-up in traffic.  I didn't give him an arrival time either for the same reason as the departure.

School starts at 7:40AM.  They are allowed to go to their lockers at 7:30AM.  He gave me a kooky story about how if he doesn't get there until 7:20AM then there were about ten problems and if he is tardy it is "on me".  No...it isn't "on me", because you are there 20 minutes before school starts.

This is the fourth time we have discussed this.  It is also the last time I will engage in this discussion.  We don't need to go over it every night...I've got it.

Prayers for wisdom on how to deal with this and the associated storytelling.
0 Responses

Post a Comment