Denise
This morning Middle Boy was pacing around the house like a caged animal.  He was wearing his backpack and commanding Younger Boy to do tasks around the house.

Middle Boy likes to be at school at a certain time for socializing.  That's fine with me as long as he does what he needs to do in the morning.  That doesn't include ordering Younger Boy around to do it.

This socializing time is more than 30 minutes so there is NO RISK of him being late for school if he gets to socialize a little late.

He started to throw a fit about how I don't do anything he wants me to on time.  He instantly stopped when I compared this to bedtime.  I asked when the last time was he was in bed at the time I asked.  I asked if he would like to make a deal...he could be there to socialize ONLY on the days after he had gone to bed by bedtime.  Hmmm...no deal, because I am just not fair!!

Both boys were at school PLENTY early.

Prayers for empathy and thinking of others before self.  We have a really long way to go.
0 Responses

Post a Comment